Items Still Working On
ConcernsThere are still a few concerns that we are trying to work through, one of them being abuse of the system. We do not want someone to come in and put in requests for all 50 states to get a WAS for a particular mode without helping someone else out. This is supposed to be a collaborative method where everyone helps everyone not for people that want to make this one sided. If you have ideas about this we would love to hear it. We have been thinking about some type of gamification of the service or maybe you can get 10 contacts for every one you give, etc. We want this to be 100% free so the idea of charging for contacts if you do not want to help others is not even a thought. But we need to build in some method of protecting from the abusive users.
Where We AreAs you can see from above, we are still in the very early stages of the project and trying to get some volunteers lined up for this project. We will keep this page updated as the project progresses.
VolunteerWe are always looking for volunteers to help create our solutions, so if you are a software developer, project manager or anything else in the development world and you would like to volunteer some time to help build the project, please check out the volunteer link on the main menu. We would love to get you involved.
More About the Software DesignHere is some basic information about what we are using to develop the application. It is very similar to the other software projects we have done:
- * The user interface is written using Sencha ExtJS 6.
- * The data backend is written in PHP.
- * It is a client-server based application as compared to an old style web application.
- – This means that the web interface is only downloaded one time and using Ajax calls the data is updated without reloading the page. Making it very fast and efficient.
- * It is a multi-tiered application so that if needed, it can be scaled both vertically and horizontally.
- * We use GitHub as the central repository for all of the developers.
- * We will setup a continuous integration system that will build the new versions once they are put on GitHub.
- * We use Slack as a development team to discuss issues, new features and to just get to know each other, etc.