|Because of the pandemic we started an every other week Zoom meeting that is open to any amateur radio operator or anyone that is interested in amateur radio. This is open to everyone. It happens every other Wednesday at 6:30pm EDT and we go to at least 8:30 and sometimes longer.|
Welcome to the Mid-Atlantic Wireless Communications Group. If this is your first time here, there is a lot to see.
You might have found us because of one of our projects. Maybe you found us from our Ham Social site for Ham Radio Friends. Maybe you saw us on the Ham Radio Unlimited podcast. Maybe you use one of our repeaters, reflectors or talkgroups.
No matter how you found us, welcome. We are a very friendly community of Ham Radio enthusiasts. We have something for everyone. Let s know if there something else you would like to see.
- Restarting Monthly Lunch and Breakfast MeetingsWe are going to restart our monthly lunch and breakfast meetings!!!…… Today Maryland reached less than 1% positivity rate for the Coronavirus. Things are opening back up safely. Based on … Read More “Restarting Monthly Lunch and Breakfast Meetings” »
- Gambrill Repeater Site UpdateThis past Thursday we finally were able to get a tower climber for the first phase of the repairs on the repeater tower. Below is what we accomplished and what … Read More “Gambrill Repeater Site Update” »
- Modulation DaySaturday May15th starting around 10 and going for a couple of hours, a small group of amateurs are getting together for a small event that has taken on the name … Read More “Modulation Day” »
- The Palomino Dual Band J-PoleThe Three Amigos (Sandy KB3EOF, Steve KC3MAU and Kurt K3KOH) from our local Ham family have designed and built a dual band J-Pole with very low SWR. You can build … Read More “The Palomino Dual Band J-Pole” »
- How does Fusion, Wires-X, YSF and FCS work?In our local group recently there has been some confusion and questions about how Fusion, Wires-X, YSF and FCS works. I hope with this post to make it a little … Read More “How does Fusion, Wires-X, YSF and FCS work?” »
- What is up with the D-Star Repeater?Hi everyone, I want to give you an update on the D-Star repeater. As some of you know it has been in a local only mode for quite some time … Read More “What is up with the D-Star Repeater?” »
When you Shop on Amazon, use this link. It helps us out by giving us a few cents on your purchases and costs you nothing. Bookmark it and use it regularly.