Welcome to the Mid-Atlantic Wireless Communications Group. If this is your first time here, there is a lot to see.
You might have found us because of one of our projects. Maybe you found us from our Ham Social site for Ham Radio Friends. Maybe you saw us on the Ham Radio Unlimited podcast. Maybe you use one of our repeaters, reflectors or talkgroups.
No matter how you found us, welcome. We are a very friendly community of Ham Radio enthusiasts. We have something for everyone. Let us know if there something else you would like to see.
- New Fusion / Wires-X repeater onlineGood News, we have a new Fusion / Wires-X repeater online in Frederick, MD at 441.800. This new repeater is setup in Auto mode, this means that if it receives … Read More “New Fusion / Wires-X repeater online” »
- New Repeater Online for 146.73Good News, we have the new repeater online for 146.73. It is connected up to the controller and echolink. This new repeater is a different brand than the previous repeater … Read More “New Repeater Online for 146.73” »
- Watch Where you are TransmittingI want to bring up a couple of issues that have been happening recently about where people are transmitting. You should never transmit on the repeater output unless the repeater … Read More “Watch Where you are Transmitting” »
- Repeater EtiquetteWe have lots of new Hams on our repeaters which is just Awesome. As new operators they do not always understand repeater etiquette. We have had a page on the … Read More “Repeater Etiquette” »
- 146.73 Repeater issuesThe 146.73 repeater has been having some issues. Here is some background and the plan going forward. We are using a Vertex repeater that does not expose the PL Tone … Read More “146.73 Repeater issues” »
- AREDN and AREDN Services will temporarily be offlineThe AREDN Services have been shutdown temporarily. For now the AREDN gateway that is connecting everything will remain up but it will also go down temporarily in the near future. … Read More “AREDN and AREDN Services will temporarily be offline” »
When you Shop on Amazon, use this link. It helps us out by giving us a few cents on your purchases and costs you nothing. Bookmark it and use it regularly.