Here are just a few of the features we want to be in the netcontrol.live site:
- Tracking of every checkin for every net
- Status of the Checkin (for roundtables, this could be just listening, 73, No comment, etc)
- Call sign lookup of every call entered
- View history and other stats for each call sign
- Quick click for recheck’s
- Quick pick list of regular call signs instead of typing
- Who’s Next type of list to guide net control on who is next
- Options for each net on how certain checkin’s are handled (recheck goes before next person, at end of list, etc)
- Net control interface
- Non net control interface so operators can see where they are in the list, etc.
- Chatroom or link to chat room
- Reports and Statistics
- Role based access to admin nets based on account
- Enter notes for net or for each contact on this net, some notes can be made permanent to call sign
- Be able to pull list of people from EchoLink
- The thought of building a list of nets that would be available to the public
Where We Are
This project is just getting started. At the time of the writing of this page, we were just in the early stages of designing the database and user interface. The speed at which this gets developed depends on how many people we can get to volunteer to help create it. The initial thought is that we would make this part of hamsocial.org so that we could use the information in the profiles of the members instead of re-creating a separate database with the same information.
We are always looking for volunteers to help create our solutions, so if you are a software developer, project manager or anything else in the development world and you would like to volunteer some time to help build the project, please check out the volunteer link on the main menu. We would love to get you involved.
More About the Software Design
Here is some basic information about what we are using to develop the application. It is very similar to the other software projects we have done:
- The user interface is written using Sencha ExtJS 6.
- The data backend is written in PHP.
- It is a client-server based application as compared to an old style web application.
- – This means that the web interface is only downloaded one time and using Ajax calls the data is updated without reloading the page. Making it very fast and efficient.
- It is a multi-tiered application so that if needed, it can be scaled both vertically and horizontally.
- We use GitHub as the central repository for all of the developers.
- We will setup a continuous integration system that will build the new versions once they are put on GitHub.
- We use Slack as a development team to discuss issues, new features and to just get to know each other, etc.