<![CDATA[The Cross-Mode Connector is a project where we are connecting all of the different modes like DMR, D-Star, Wires-x, Echolink and Allstar. We have multiple servers in the cloud that are running reflectors to the different modes and we have connected all of the different modes and methods of connecting together using a number of different methods. If you would like to know more about what all of the reflectors and repeaters are you can refer to the Reflectors and Repeaters under the About Us menu option. We keep that list updated with the latest information. We created this Cross-Mode connector so that people on every mode can get together and have a net or just talk with each other. We do plan on having a regular weekly net but as of now we have not set that up yet. The Cross-Mode Connector uses multiple methods and technologies to tie these disparate modes together. Because of the complexity, there is a small delay so be sure to key down 2 seconds before you start to talk. And also be sure to leave a couple of seconds after someone un-keys before you key back up to make sure that all of the listening connections also have time to key down. There are a couple of rules for using this connector. First one is, always ID as per the FCC rules. Some modes we connect to do transmit an ID electronically and meet the FCC requirements for ID's. But all of the modes do not support it. For example, DMR, Echolink and allstar do not support the ID in data. So be sure to ID! Second rule is to be courteous to everyone on the connector. Third rule is that we do not allow analog repeaters on the connector. We only allow digital repeaters and methods of connecting. You should never here an analog repeater ID on the connector.
Here is a quick list of the different methods to connect:
- * You can connect via D-star to either XLX336 or XRF336 Module C. They are the same server but different programs have them listed differently.
- * You can also connect to the older REF025 Module B.
- * On Wires-X you can connect to Room 18217.
- * If you connect to a System Fusion Reflector, you can connect to ysf.mawcg.org
- * On DMR, if you are on the BrandMeister DMR network, we are talk group 31241.
- * On Allstar you can connect to node 42579.
- * On Echolink we are node 411970.
- * On the DV4-Mini connection to the fusion FCS002 to room 85 (This is still being worked on, it might be working, it might not be).
Here is how it works:
- * We are relying on BrandMeister network to connect a lot of this. In the drawing below you will see the BrandMeister network on the right. From the BrandMeister network we connect directly over the internet to the XLX336 reflector, the ysf.mawcg.org reflector and Wires-X room 18217. This is all a pure data connection and any of these will be the best and most reliable connections.
- * From the Wires-X room, we connect to an allstar node that can also do echolink. Right now this is an RF connection but we are working on a physical interface between the HRI-200 and the repeater controller for the allstar node. This would help eliminate any issues with the RF connection.
- * There is also an RF connection to a DV4Mini and the Wires-X room. This has so far not been a great experience and we are still working on this. The DV4-Mini is how we connect to the FCS002 room.
- * To connect the D-Star repeaters that are not willing to update their systems to support the more modern reflector technologies, we are linking by RF REF025 Module B to the XLX336 Module C.
One thought on “Cross-Mode Connector”
I was reading that you are working on an interface to bridge wires-x and allstar. Can you tell me what your success has been and how you achieved that. We also are looking at bridging our allstar and wires-x together (non-RF).
Thanks in advance.