This past weekend the repeater controller for the 146.73 repeater in Frederick was swapped out with a new one. Along with the repeater controller there have been some other changes.
The old controller was having random audio level issues, particularly with the echolink interface.
The new controller has some additional features that hopefully will allow us to offer some DTMF control for linking. We already have some additional DTMF controls up and working.
We were using a Windows based PC and a Signalink for Echolink. We are now using a linux based system with a specially designed audio interface for the new controller.
With the new linux based system we have also added an Allstar node. The Allstar node # is 54672. We still have the same echolink node # 614369.
The new system has changed a few other things as well. When you connect to echolink, you no longer will see the callsigns in the right list. You can also no longer use the text box to send a text. These are things we are still trying to figure out if we can get back.
We have setup a web based view that does list the callsigns. You can see this page by going to: http://gambrill.w3fdk.com:8080/supermon/link.php?nodes=54672. I have modified the application to add a link to QRZ for the callsign for a quick lookup.
If you forget, all of the links to the dashboards, coverage maps, listening on Broadcastify and radio configs can be found on the right side of the main page at https://mawcg.org or by going to the repeater page: https://mawcg.org/repeaters-and-more/
We will be tweaking the audio levels over the next few weeks to try to get it into that sweet spot.
There is also now a kerchunk filter on the repeater. The repeater will not start repeating immediately when you key down. Once you key down, wait at least 1/2 a second before speaking. If you do not, the first few syllables will not be heard. This will hopefully cut down on some of the local RF noise making the repeater activate.